For the Chapaties:
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For dipping the chapaties
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp plain flour
For the Stuffing:
- 2 boiled potatoes, mashed
- 2 cups mixed boiled vegetables, mashed (French beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas etc.)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
How to make Layered Chapati:
For the chapaties
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough together and make a soft dough.
- Knead very well and leave aside for 1/2 hour.
- Roll out the dough into thin chapaties and cook them lightly on a tava (griddle).
- For the stuffing:
- Heat the oil, add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and green chili and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes, mixed vegetables, chili powder, turmeric powder, cashew nuts, coriander and salt.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Put a chapati in it and spread a little stuffing.
- Dip another chapati in the milk and plain flour mixture and place it on top of the stuffing. Spread a little mixture again and continue ending with a dipped chapati.
- Pour 2 tsp of melted butter on top and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Serve with any pickle or yogurt.