It’s fun to prepare traditional methai at home. Jalebi needs little practice for a perfect thin shaped. It must be thin if you like crispy jalebi. Try out this Jalebi Recipe and amaze your family and yourself.
Check it out the Jalebi Recipe here!!
Crispy Homemade Jalebi Recipe
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom Powder
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- a pinch of orange food color
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1-1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- few strand of saffron
- In a bowl, mix together the plain flour, cardamom powder, instant yeast and cornflour.
- Add yogurt, oil, and Water to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until there are no lumps.
- When done, cover the jalebi batter.
- Place it in a warm place for 24 hours or overnight, till it is fermented (the batter will rise on fermentation).
- Once the batter is fermented stir the batter in a cut and fold motion to combine it once again.
To Make Sugar Syrup:
- Take a saucepan, add Water, sugar and saffron. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Reduce flame to a low simmer and add Cardamom Powder and Lemon Juice.
- Stir well.
- When the sugar becomes thick and stringy of one string consistency.Turn off the heat and keep aside.
To Make The Jalebi:
- Preheat oil for frying the jalebi's.
- Mix the fermented jalebi batter well and put it in a ketchup or mustard bottle with a spout (zipper bag or piping bag can be used).
- Squeeze out the batter into the hot oil in approximately 8 small circular motions.
- Jalebi should about 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Fry until the bottom side looks golden and flip once to cook the other side.
- With tongs, remove jalebi, shake off excess oil and place directly into sugar syrup.
- Allow jalebi to remain in the syrup for just a minute (flipping to coat both sides), shake off excess sugar syrup and place onto a plate. Jalebi is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- The consistency of the batter should be thick and not watery, similar to the butter cream batter. You should be able to make a shape when piped in a piping bag.
- Don't over stir you want the air pockets in the batter to remain. This will help in the jalebi being crisp and also in turn help it absorb the sugar syrup.
- The oil for frying should be medium hot. If it is too hot, the jalebis will end up burnt.
- Also make sure you keep the heat on low when you pipe the jalebis into the oil, this will ensure you can see the circles you are piping and also the jalebis will rise up slowly.
- You can store in an air-tight container. They will remain fresh for 4-5 days un refrigerated.
- Serve as a dessert after any meal or as a tea time snack.
If you like Jalebi Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.And if you know more innovative ways in which we can utilize this sweet and mouth watering Jalebi, do share with us and we would be glad to give it a try.