Harissa with Kabab
Harissa is a traditional Kashmiri dish made with wheat and grains. The specialty of this dish is kabab are added in it for more delicate taste and texture. It’s a favorite spicy dish in our country and the most cooked dish on gatherings and parties.
This is my Rubina Khala’s ( my aunt) fabulous Harissa with kabab recipe that has become one of my absolute favorites and a must-have whenever we when we have a family gathering or family dinner. I recently asked for the recipe and added my twist.Truly delicious, very filling and energy boosting.
I love to eat Harissa any time; if only i din’t have to give away my last energy stirring it, I would have really made it every day!!
Way of eating harissa depends on the region as well. Some people eats it directly with spoon and some people eats it with naan bread. Perfect dinner idea for Bakra Eid. Do try it, I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
Check it out the Harissa with Kabab Recipe and printable version below!!
Harissa with Kabab
- For Harissa
- 1 kg mutton
- 2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 whole garlic bulb don't peel
- 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 cup clarified butter or desi ghee
- 3/4 cup wheat crushed
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup whole moong daal whole green lentil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder haldi
- salt according to taste
- 750 gm mince keema
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon seekh kabab masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili crushed
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Soak rice and wheat together and boil until mushy.
- Soak moong in warm water.
- Put all the kabab ingredients except oil in a chopper or food processor. Process until well combined.
- Take it out in a mixing bowl and make finger size kabab.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan over medium heat. Shallow fry kababs until turned golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and keep aside
- Take a large pot, add meat ,onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red pepper and salt.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook until meat is tender and it has enough soup in it.
- Discard garlic and onion.
- Add moong daal in it and cook until meat is all mushy.
- Add rice and wheat in it. Cook and stir for 15 minutes or until well combined.
- Blend with a hand blender and add all spice powder. Cook and stir for 20 minutes or until you have haleem like Consistency.
- Now put kababs in it.
- Make tarka (bighaar) with clarified butter. Add a pinch of turmeric and cayenne to give color.
- Put tarka on the harissa.
- Dish it out. Garnish with green chillies. lemon wedges and coriander leaves. Delicious Harissa with Kabab is ready to serve. Enjoy!!
Serve with naan or tandoori roti.
I have also posted Nihari Recipe which is another tastier version of Lahori Food. Do check it out as well.
If you like this Harissa with Kabab recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.