Gajar Ka Raita
Easy raita with carrots (gajar) as main ingredient. Rainbow Carrots (gajar) are used to make this easy Raita, giving it a visual appeal. This hot and cold salad with an interesting and simple dressing is ideal for summer. Check it out the Gajar Ka Raita recipe here!!
[one_fourth]Prep Time: 5 minutes[/one_fourth] [one_fourth]Cook Time: 5 minutes[/one_fourth] [one_fourth]Servings: 12[/one_fourth] [one_fourth_last]Difficulty Level: Easy[/one_fourth_last]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Ingredients[/tab_title] [tab_title]Nutrition[/tab_title] [/tabs_head] [tab]
- 5 carrots, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin strips for garnish
- 1 quart plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black or brown whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn into medium pieces
[/tab] [tab]Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional information is not yet available. [/tab] [/tabs]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Step by Step Method[/tab_title] [tab_title]Serving Suggestions[/tab_title][/tabs_head] [tab]
Combine 5 cups carrots, yogurt, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Heat the oil in a very small skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
Add the cumin and fennel seeds, and let fry until they pop, about 5 seconds.
Immediately pour the oil and the seeds over the carrot mixture.
Stir to combine.
Salt to taste; add mint and toss.
Garnish with mint leaves and carrot strips. Gajar Ka Raita is ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Serve with biryani, paratha or any curry.
If you like Gajar Ka Raita recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply