Flavorful Chinese Restaurant-Style Recipes You Can Make at Home
Chinese food in Pakistan isn’t quite the same as the real thing; it’s more of a cultural offshoot developed to cater to Pakistani tastes. But the general cultural nuances remain — if perhaps in a more deep-fried form. Whether or not this cuisine can really be called “Chinese” is a subject for debate, but at least we can all agree on calling it “delicious.” You don’t need to order take-out or head to your favorite Chinese restaurant every time you get a yen for Fried Rice or Chinese Soup or Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Below are a few staples of foods found on Chinese menus across the country. Soon enough, you’ll be replicating your favorite dishes right in your own kitchen!
Chinese Restaurant-Style Recipes You Can Make at Home
1. Chicken Chow Mein – The top selling side dish, just a few ingredients and ten minutes until you’re enjoying this delicious Chow Mein.
2. Hot and Sour Soup – This Hot and Sour Soup recipe rivals the very best you’ve had at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Thoroughly authentic, thoroughly delicious. Although it’s a nice soothing winter soup that will warm you up immediately, I really enjoy eating it throughout the year.
3.Spring Rolls– Who doesn’t love a hot, fried Chicken spring rolls? Light, airy and crispy Chicken spring rolls. A Must TRY Recipe!!
4. Egg Flower Soup – Traditional Chinese Egg Flower Soup, Also known as Egg Drop Soup recipe with a secret ingredient that makes it Divine. Sesame oil adds a lovely aroma to this soup. This is the popular dish in chinese restaurants in which lightly beaten eggs are streamed into the broth at the very end.
5. Chicken Manchurian with Egg Fried Rice – Do I need to say more? No, but I will. It’s one of the famous chinese recipe, batter fried chicken pieces are just one of the delicious things you can make manchurian in. The king of all Chinese recipes, this copycat has been viewed over a half a million times in less than a year. This dish is a must try!
6. Chinese Dry Beef Chili – A simple and quick Chinese Dry Beef Chilli Recipe that is going to give you the taste of authentic Chinese food. Super hot and fragrant Chinese dry beef chilli. Give it a try!!
Delicious, tender, juicy Chicken Shashlik Sticks the whole family loves in less than 40 minutes! These Shashlik Sticks are EASY to make and so versatile.
8. Kung pao Beef – Named after a court official or “Kung Pao,” Kung Pao Beef is a flavorful chinese dish made with diced beef, peanuts and chili peppers.
9. Mongolian Beef –This Mongolian Beef recipe rivals your favorite Chinese restaurant version. This delicious stir fry whipped up in minutes, crispy, sweet and full of garlic and ginger flavors you love from your favorite Chinese restaurant.
Recipe Link here:
10. Fried Wonton
Crispy, crunchy, and delicious appetizer? Check, check, check. These fried wontons are the perfect party food. Make some and watch them disappear – fast! They’re easy and fun to put together and can also be made vegetarian so everyone can enjoy them.
11. Beef and Broccoli – One of the original favorites! Didn’t think I would forget this one, did you? How do restaurant chefs get the beef so tender in this dish? They “velvet” the meat in hot oil before combining it with broccoli in an oyster-flavored sauce.
12. Sweet and Sour Chicken – My new favorite (shh…don’t tell Chicken Manchurian I am totally cheating on it!) The sauce is the star of the show in this dish. Most versions use pineapple juice and combine it with vinegar, sugar, ketchup or tomato paste and pineapple chunks, green bell pepper and pineapple chunks. The warmed sauce is poured over chicken cubes that have been coated with batter and deep-fried.
13. Chinese Almond Chicken – Almond Chicken is another winner to add to that list. Almond chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes here in the Pakistan. Much like its close cousin Cashew Chicken, silky smooth, juicy and tender chicken cubes are stir-fried in the savory Chinese brown sauce, with vegetables such as sugar snap peas (or snow peas), carrots, with lots of almonds.
14.Szechuan Chicken – Juicy and Flavorful stir fry chicken cooked in chile paste make this Szechuan Chicken vibrant, healthy & deliciously spicy! And it only takes 25 Minutes to make from start to finish. Szechuan Chicken has just the right amount of heat, due the chile paste and fresh ginger ingredients, that spicy and mellow lovers alike will.
15. Chinese Plum Sauce – Not going to lie I dip most entree items in this at least a little. 😉
Am I missing a dish you love? Let me know! If you made it all the way through this list you must love Restaurant-Style Copycat Recipes!