Korma’s are typically made by marinating the main ingredient in yogurt and spices like ginger and garlic. It is then cooked in its own juices and a gravy made of onions, lots of tomatoes, green chillies and whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, coriander, cumin, etc.
Degi Korma is a fancy version of meat curry also very popular in India and Pakistan. At special occasions, wedding and large festive occasion, its popular to make degi korma.
For all the korma lovers here is an excellent Degi Korma recipe. Good thing about the degi korma recipe is its spices. Yogurt is added in this to give a little sour touch to the meat. It’s exceptional to have.
Kormas can range from mild to medium hot and taste nice with breads like Chapatis or naan and sheermal. Try this Degi Korma recipe and If you have any question about this recipe then you can ask by using comment box and we will clarify your confusion.
Check it out the Degi Korma Recipe and printable version below!!
At special occasions, wedding and large festive occasion, its popular to make degi korma in Pakistan. Do try it!!
- 500 gm Chicken (or mutton)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 4 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 black cardamon
- 4-5 Small cardamon
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon javitri powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 drops Korma Essence (dissolved in 1 tsp milk)
- Take oil in a pan.Fry onion to golden brown, sprinkling 1 pinch of salt.
- Take fried onion in a plate & spread it to cool & crispy.
- In the same oil fry meat in it very well, until colour changes & smell is gone.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and fry again well using little water time to time.
- Add Yogurt and fry until it is fried very well.
- Add all garam masala, coriander powder, salt & chillies. Again fry well.
- Add ground fried onion. Mix well.
- Put water as much as you require for the curry in it.
- Cover lid & cook until meat is tender.
- In the end sprinkle ground jaifal, javitri & 2 small ilaichi, korma Essence.
- Put on low heat on dum for 5 minutes.
- Take out in a bowl. Degi Korma is ready to serve.
Serve with Bakarkhani Naan.
If you like this Chicken Pita Sandwiches Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.