Ingredients of Coconut Halwa:
- 1 Medium Coconut, grated
- 1/4 cup Clarified Butter
- 1-1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Rice
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
How to make Coconut Halwa:
- Wash and soak rice for about one hour.
- Remove kernel from coconut and cut into small pieces.
- In a food processor, grind soaked rice, coconut pieces and along with 1 cup of water until soft.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the above coconut and rice paste, sugar and clarified butter.
- Mix well and cook on medium heat until thick.
- Keep stirring because coconut and sugar mixture can stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
- Cook until mixture becomes thick/lumpy and sticky.
- At this point it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and spread on a greased, round plate.
- garnished with pistachios and cashew nuts.
- When it is cooled, cut into diamond shaped pieces.
Coconut Halwa is ready to serve.