- 1/2 kg chicken mince
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 onions, ground to paste
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2/3 cup cashew-nut paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
How to make Chicken Kandhari Kofta:
- Mix chicken mince with cinnamon powder and one tsp salt.
- Divide into equal-sized portions (approx 10) and shape into koftas (balls).
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion paste and cook till it turns pink.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Now, stir in tomato puree and cashew-nut paste dissolved in some water.
- Cook for five minutes on high, stirring constantly.
- Add one and half cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Add chicken koftas, cover and cook for ten minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add garam masala powder and check seasoning.
- Simmer for three minutes.
- Add fresh cream, stir well.
- Chicken Kandhari Kofta is ready to serve.
- Serve with naan or boiled rice.
Leave a Reply