Tamarind chutney is sweet and sour chutney, it is known as imli ki chutney or meethi (sweet) chutney.This Tamarind chutney takes a while to cook. But the outcome is absolutely amazing which makes you lick even the last drop!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted & crushed
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp chat Masala
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place tamarind pulp, jaggery and dry ginger powder in a saucepan.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until jaggery dissolved.
- Season with chili powder, cumin seeds, dry ginger powder, salt and black salt.
- Add water and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle chat masala over it.
- Tamarind Chutney is ready now.
- Serve with samosa, pakora, cutlets or any other snack.