Red Rice is a Mexican Style recipe made with variety of fresh herbs, tomato paste, onion, butter, and long grain rice. Simple and yummy too!
Check it out Red Rice Recipe here:
Ready In: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
This recipe make 4 serving(s).
- 1-1/2 cups boiling chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Italian style tomato paste
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (thyme, basil, marjoram)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and chicken broth.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Add rice, bring to a boil.
- Stir once.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 18 minutes or until rice are tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Red Rice is ready to serve.