Mughlai Chutney Chicken
Mughlai chutney chicken is a rich, creamy chicken curry which has a taste of chutney to it. Chicken is cooked in a almond based curry and finished with cream and freshly ground mint chutney. Sounds truly Mughlai eh. Try it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
For Mughlai Chicken:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted & crushed
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut, grated
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 green chilies
Yield: 6 servings
To Make Chutney
- Place all chutney ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
- Take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
To Make Mughlai Chicken:
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken pieces in it.
- Fry for 10-12 minutes or until juice run clear.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep aside.
- Add chopped onion and fry for 4-5 minutes or until light pink.
- Add ginger – garlic paste, bay leaf, cloves, cumin, green cardamon powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes then put fried chicken pieces in it.
- Add yogurt and cook for 15 minutes.
- Now add cream and prepared chutney.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until oil comes on top.
- Take it out in a serving bowl.
- Garnished with fried cashew nuts.
- Mughlai Chutney Chicken is ready to serve.