Bakery Style Chicken Patties
Today I’m bringing one of my favorite recipes _ “Bakery Style Chicken Patties”. A buttery, flaky pastry crust with warm, creamy chicken filling. I don’t know about you, but just typing this is making me hungry.
This Chicken Patties recipe is super-friendly. It starts with cooked, shredded chicken. Traditional Pakistani chicken puff pastry has shredded chicken, onion that are cooked in the butter and flour mixture. And you can definitely add those in if you’d like.
But I makes it without them and I don’t see a reason to fix things that are already perfect.
Flakey goodness, at your service!
Check it out the Chicken Patties Recipe and printable version here!
Chicken Patties Recipe
For Patties Filling
- 1 boneless chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt to taste
- For Patties
- 1 package Puff Pastry
- 1 egg
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion in hot oil until translucent.
- Now add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the sour cream, mayonnaise, black pepper, salt and tomato ketchup.
- Sour cream and mayonnaise will release water, but if the mixture is dry add about a 1/4 cup water so the flavors get a chance to blend.
- Cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes or until all water dries up.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F or 170 degree C.
- Roll the puff pastry and cut into rounds by using a round cookie cutter.
- Sandwich chicken filling between two round pieces of puff pastry.
- To seal the edges use water. and press with fork around the edges.
- Brush the tops of the patties with egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Chicken Patties are ready to serve. ENJOY!
To prepare, just place on a baking sheet for 5 minutes prior to placing in the oven. Brush with a lightly beaten egg.
The most beautiful part of the recipe is that they can be made ahead and frozen! Serving Suggestions:
Serve with Chili Garlic Sauce or Tomato Ketchup.
If you like Chicken Patties Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.