Quick & easy to prepare. An irresistible recipe to all. Perfect for any occasions! Enjoy!
Check it out the Crispy Lemon-Fried Chicken recipe here:
Ready In: 1 hour 10 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
This recipe make 8 serving(s).
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (2 to 3 pounds each), cut up
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3-1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Place chicken in a large bowl.
- Add 3 teaspoon salt, lemon juice and water to cover chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Place flour, paprika, pepper and remaining salt in a resealable plastic bag.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry chicken in hot oil for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Carefully add water.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until all juices run clear.
- Uncover; cook 10 minutes longer or until chicken is crisp.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Crispy Lemon-Fried Chicken is ready now.
- Serve with Blue Cheese Coleslaw.