Spicy Chickpea Salad (Chana Chaat) Recipe
A well made Spicy Chickpea Salad (or Chana Chaat) will enable you to taste all these flavors independently with each spoonful.The acidic and tart flavors of tamarind chutney, the sweetness of the apricot chutney and the cooling taste of mint chutney balances the palette out immaculately.
- 250 gm boiled chickpeas
- 4 large potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 to mato thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup Tamarind chutney Imli ki chutney
- 1/2 cup Apricot chutney
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Green chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder zeera powder
- a pinch of black salt
- papri optional
- few green chilies
- mint leaves
Place chickpeas (chana) in a large mixing bowl.
Add the vegetables except tomatoes and mix well, making sure not to mash the potatoes in the process.
You can add green chilies depending on how spicy you want it.
Now add yogurt and along with all the chutnies and mix well.
Season with salt, cumin powder and chaat masala powder and give it a final stir.
Garnish with green chilies and mint leaves. Spicy Chickpea Salad (Chana Chaat) is ready to serve. ENJOY!
1.You can add more spices if you want to make it spicier, but I love the mild version. Taste and adjust flavours according to your preference.
2. You can also add papri that will add extra crunch to the chaat which makes the whole experience more enjoyable. But for a low fat and healthy version, skip the papris and sev.
Serve chana chaat along with Apricot chutney and Tamarind chutney (Imli ki chutney) .