This mutton kofta recipe is prepared with a mince meat blended with a herbs like coriander and curry leafs, spices and made into small lemon sized balls which are cooked in curry. It makes a great meal when served with zeera rice and kachumbar salad. Check it out the mutton kofta recipe here.
You can serve mutton koftas with Naan, Chapati or Rice .
let’s get started.
Check it out the Mutton Kofta recipe and printable version below!!
- 1/2 kg mutton mince
- 15-20 garlic pods
- 1 -1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 -1/2 cups yoghurt
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tablespoon chana (( roasted, grounded & sieved))
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (soaked in water)
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 4 onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 to matoes (skinned and pureed)
- 5-6 cloves
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 black cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon whole pepper
- salt according to taste
- water as required
- boiled eggs (optional)
- Grind the garlic, ginger and the poppy seeds together. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions to it. Fry till they turn brown in colour.
- Add little water to it and stir.
- In another pan mix the whole spices and a cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the onion mixture add the ginger-garlic paste and the poppy seeds mixture and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
- In the meantime, mix the egg, chana powder, coriander leaves and the mutton mince with red chili and salt.
- Grease hands with little oil and make small koftas and keep aside.
- Add them to the onion mixture. Strain the water from the whole spices and add to the koftas.
- Bring it to a boil. Cook for about five minutes and then add yogurt.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 45 minutes. Then take into a serving bowl.
- Add boiled eggs. Garnish with Coriander leaves. Mutton Kofta is ready to serve.
This delicious mutton kofta recipe ideal with basmati rice, flat breads or a crusty loaf.
I have also posted Cheese Kulcha and Garlic Naan which are another easiest & tastiest version of making Naan’s. Do check it out as well.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
If you like this Besan Wala Naan Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.