Asalam-o-Alaikum My Lovelies!
How are you all doing? Did anything exciting happen lately? I am sorry for my absence, life has kept me, but I have a free few days a head of me to be around more.
Let’s Start Today’s Post with some Food for the Soul
“Expectation is the root of all heartache”. _William Shakespeare
I guess I need not say much about the quote I am sharing with all of you today. I am a person of high expectations – despite trying to develop myself into a better person and having reduced my level of expectation from all around me, I have not reached the level where I would have zero expectation.
I guess it is not human to reach that kind of a stage, but still I would love to reach a stage where my expectations are so low that it does not guarantee any heartbreaks if things don’t happen just like how I want it to be. I really don’t know whether I will ever reach that situation but yes, I am trying…
It’s Getting Cold . Now Let’s Have Some Food Talk To Warm & Nourish Our Soul!!
Today’s Recipe: Spaghetti Meatballs
What’s better than a warm fire and a big bowl of comfort food on a cold winter night? Today I want to share a recipe that feels, to me, like the closest you can get to “comfort food” during Whole 30.
For a bowl of Italian comfort, Make my best & Easiest Spaghetti Meatballs! It only takes 35 minutes to make this delicious family favorite, all from scratch, and I promise you will never have leftovers. While the spaghetti sauce cooks, you’ll make the meatballs and while the meatballs cook, you’ll boil your pasta. Makes 16 meatballs, two per person. I made these meatballs with chicken mince , but you can use whatever ground meat you’d like to use, actually(beef, lamb, turkey). They are super soft, tender and juicy because they cook right in the sauce and I used fresh bread crumbs and not dried ones.The sauce is my Homemade Italian Tomato Sauce and I just add the meatballs (& spaghetti) to make this a complete meal… but don’t forget the salad.
This is really a quick and easy recipe because the sauce takes 5 minutes of prep and the meatballs take 10 minutes to put together. Then it all cooks in one pot and you have the most delicious spaghetti dinner.
Whether you’re having company or a family dinner, you can’t go wrong with Easiest Spaghetti Meatballs. Try my easy recipe and you’ll see why they call it comfort food. They really just melt in your mouth.
Here’s your go-to, foolproof, The Easiest Spaghetti Meatballs recipe you’ll never want to be without.
- 1 packet (8-10 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Italian Tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 pounds chicken mince ( you can use any lean meat e.g. lamb, mutton, beef)
- 2 slices white soft bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Parmesan Cheese, grated (optional)
- Basil Leaves
- First make spaghetti sauce in a large pot.
- Sauté garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings (except basil).
- Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered while you make the meatballs. Lower the heat if it splatters but keep it bubbling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken mince, garlic, bread slices, Parmesan, eggs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, basil and a splash of milk.
- Mix together well with hands.
- Roll into 16 ( around 2-inch) balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Gently add meatballs to pot. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times during the simmer.
- While meatballs cooked, put on water for spaghetti and cook per package directions.
- Just before serving, add basil to the sauce.
- Drain spaghetti and stir in some of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan (if like).
- Top with meatballs and basil leaves.
- Delicious Spaghetti Meatballs are ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- Serve warm over cooked spaghetti.