Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Need a great recipe for just the ingredients you have on hand? Then try this one. Your kids will love opening their lunch boxes to enjoy these “Mince Stuffed Cutlets”.
Mince Stuffed Cutlets
When I was in college, these “Mince Stuffed Cutlets” was one of the first recipes I ever added to my regular rotation.
Mince Stuffed Cutlets is a great appetizer that involves soft delicate potato patties stuffed with seasoned cooked mince. Delicious and crispy patties that can be made in just 35 minutes. These make a great snack or appetizer or even a starter for parties or perfect for weekend meals.
I used to fill my cutlets with spinach, broccoli, cheese, or whatever ingredients I have in my hand. It’s so fun to experiment with different ingredients, home cooking should be easy and fun! Although I enjoyed a lot of combinations, mince stuffed cutlets was always my favorite (and cheese, too).
I know it seems quite far apart but when you take a bite it taste very close to the potato chops.
There are many variations I have seen online. Some use a little flour mixed with the potato mash, an egg wash, bread crumbs and cornflour. You can make it vegetarian by using cooked peas and carrots in garam masala with some onions and fresh coriander then mixed with the mashed potato and shallow fried. You can replace the lamb mince with cooked ground chicken or beef, or fish. Try getting more creative: This is great fun – keep adding different ingredients to taste the different flavors.
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Check it out the Mince Stuffed Cutlets recipe and printable version below.
- 1/2 kg lamb or mutton mince
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon mint and coriander leaves
- 4 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper,freshly ground
- salt to taste
- mint and coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- oil for shallow frying
- Heat oil in a saucepan or pot over medium heat.
- Saute onion, for 5 minutes or until transculent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the mince and season with red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Stir well.
- Cover and let it simmer for 25 minutes on low heat.
- No need to add extra water. Cook meat in its own juices.
- Remove the lid and cook meat on high flame or until it dries out and smells cooked and gets slightly brown, keep moving around and fry by adding about 1 tbsp of oil.
- Now add the green chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves.
- Turn the heat off and do not cook further.
- Keep aside and let it cool down.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl. Add the salt, cumin seeds, red chilli, black pepper and coriander mint leaves.
- Mix until well combined.
- Make patti of potato mixture and spread mince mixture over it and cover with another pattie.
- Seal edges and flatten it into a round shape.
- Keep making until mixtures are used up.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Dip cutlets in egg then coat in crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan over medium heat.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until light brown.
- Remove from the oil and absorbent on kitchen paper.
- Mince Stuffed Cutlets are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Serve immediately with green coriander chutney or ketchup or by themselves!
- You can use Chicken /Mutton /Beef mince as on your choice.
- These freeze quite well so you can pop them in the freezer before frying them and then completely defrost and then coat and fry.
I have also posted Sesame Potato Cutlets Recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Cutlets. Do check it out as well.
Keep remember me in your Dua’s and Stay tuned for new content on the blog 🙂
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.