Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Karahi Gosht (Mutton Karahi)
One of the most wanted curries of Pakistani cuisine is Karahi so today, I am going to share with you another good quality and splendid recipe of mutton Karahi.
Mutton Karahi is a simple yet delicious kind of fried meat with thick tomato gravy. This is a wonderful dish which will make your day and the best thing is that onion is not added in it. It is made with traditional Pakistani spices, tomatoes, yogurt and salt.
Its great to prepare in dawats to enhance to tasty meal menu. Also great to make in lunch or in dinner. Mutton Karahi is the ultimate dish and one of my favorite. Spicy and tender meat gives wonderful taste. This mutton karahi recipe is sure to please even the hungriest of families. Do try this Mutton karahi recipe and enjoy dinner with family and friends.
There are numerous recipes and cooking styles of making Mutton Karahi .Try out this mutton karahi recipe which is nicely flavored with aromatic all spice. Dish out it with naan, fresh salad and mint raita so you would be able to enjoy its aroma too.
This Karahi Gosht has a tremendous taste and aroma that will increase your hunger. Though the Karahi Gosht recipe is quite easy with simple ingredients yet addition of spices in different steps enhances the taste. I will must say to try this karahi gosht recipe for a mouthwatering flavor. This Karahi Gosht is basically an inspired version of Bhati Karahi in Lahore.
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Check it out the karahi Gosht (Mutton Karahi) Recipe and printable version below.
- 1 kg mutton, cut into pieces
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and blended
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cooking oil or desi ghee
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon papaya paste
- 2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- few lemon rings
- 1 inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Wash meat and pat dry.
- Boil mutton with salt until half done and keep its stock aside.
- Put boiled mutton in a large bowl. Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red pepper, black pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and papaya paste. Mix well.
- Cover and marinate for 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Heat oil in a deep karahi or wok over medium high heat. Add blended tomatoes and marinated meat. Cook and stir for 25 minutes or until meat is tender and all water dries up.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and coriander leaves. Cover and and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilies and ginger and lemon. Delicious Mutton Karahi is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- Serve hot with naan bread and salad.
I have also posted Namak Mandi Karahi Gosht which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Mutton Karahi. Do check it out as well.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.