Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Good Afternoon ~ ITS SUMMER TIME
Summer has been kicking into high gear and the temperatures have been climbing here, and everyone wants to keep cool on hot summer days. So today, I have a recipe for a simple, classic and very popular sandwiches: “Egg and Cucumber Sandwiches”.
Egg and Cucumber Sandwiches
Egg and Cucumber sandwiches are the most delicious, easiest finger foods to make. All you need is sliced white bread, boiled eggs, mayonnaise and of course, cucumbers. To enhance the flavor, I also spread a thin layer of dill with cream cheese spread.
I love adding cucumbers to egg mayonnaise. And sometimes different herbs too (especially dill goes very well with eggs and cucumbers). The cucumber can either be chopped finely and mixed into the egg mayonnaise or sliced thinly , I like the latter since it adds a nice fresh crunch to the sandwich. This can be made in advance and keeps well, so is perfect for tea parties.
What are your favorite foods for a tea time snack or tea party? For me, the food are simple to prepare and easy to eat (and not so messy), preferably something we can eat using our hands or toothpicks.
If you’re looking for an extremely quick and easy recipe for a lunch box, or a tea party, or a picnic, or you just so happen to have an extra cucumber lying around, then give these egg and cucumber sandwiches a try. They’re deliciously light and fresh, and I love the crunch of the cucumber. These delicious, easy-to-assemble sandwiches are great for a quick summer meal.
Bismillah let’s get started.
Check it out the Egg and Cucumber Sandwiches recipe and printable version below!!
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (mayo with olive oil is my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese spread
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 sliced white sandwich bread
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and mayonnaise until completely incorporated.
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and chopped dill. Mix until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Toss bread slices on both sides.
- Spread egg spread mixture on 4 bread slices.
- Cover with another four bread slices.
- Top with cheese spread and cucumber strips, then close sandwiches with remaining bread slices.
- Cut crusts from bread, forming finger sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into three, creating 3 rectangle mini-sandwiches each. Enjoy!
- Serve with tea or you can enjoy with finger chips and chili garlic sauce.
Happy Sandwiches Making!!
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.