Delicious, tender, juicy Chicken Shashlik Sticks the whole family loves in less than 40 minutes! These Shashlik Sticks are EASY to make and so versatile.
Chicken Shashlik Sticks
When a friend blogger posted Chicken Shashlik Sticks recipe on Instagram AND I saw it pinned on Pinterest on the same day, I knew it was a sign that I had to make this. The pictures looked so good, and the recipe seemed too easy to be true (spoiler alert, it isn’t!). So I added it to my weekly meal plan. I finally got a chance to make it yesterday, and I am praising the convenience and tastiness of this dish.
This is an easy recipe for Tender & Juicy Chicken Shashlik Sticks. The shashlik sticks were loaded with tender pieces of chicken between juicy tomato chunks, sweet peppers and flavorful onions. The chicken was marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce before firing and the sticks were brushed with the leftover marination while they were being cooked. What a great combination of flavors!
Remove from the grill or griddle and serve immediately. The combination of the juicy chicken bites and colorful veggies with the Shashlik sauce is fantastic! I loved how juicy they turned out.
Check it out the Chicken Shashlik Sticks recipe and printable version here!!
- 500 gm boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 large green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and cubed
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 12 wooden sticks
- Marinade chicken cubes in ginger garlic paste, ketchup, soya sauce, mustard paste, salt, black pepper, red flakes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes or you put it in fridge for overnight to enhance the flavuor.
- First, soak wooden sticks in cold water for five minutes.
- Now thread chicken, tomato, green bell pepper and onion in it.
- Repeat and fill all your sticks.
- Heat a griddle pan or grill and apply a little oil.
- Place chicken skewers on hot griddle or grill.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning and brushing with leftover marination sauce often, for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all sticks when they are ready. Delicious Chicken Shashlik Sticks are ready to serve.
- Serve with salad and your favorite dipping sauce for a complete satisfying meal.
Make sure you don’t use too big of pieces of chicken because you want everything to cook evenly. I have had one too many (okay, two total- but still that is more than necessary) meals ruined because my chicken wasn’t all the way cooked.
I have also posted Pineapple Chicken Tenders and Light Chicken Kabobs recipes which are another easiest & tastiest version of making Pasta home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.